3.13.2010

Ads Don't Have to be Boring

I've written about Su Blackwell's work before, and it continues to amaze. Below is a 45-second t.v. advertisement for Beringer wines from 2007 that I learned about on All Things Paper (thanks, to Ann Martin).

Blackwell, a UK-based artist, combines arts (pop-ups) and paper-cutting in remarkable ways. Worth seeing is the "making-of video" for the Beringer ad (also below), which features Blackwell.

And just for fun, in case you missed it the first time 'round, is a charming video from singer-songwriter Lisa Hannigan's CD, Sea Sew, which I wrote about here.







Here's Lisa's official You Tube Channel.

Stop-motion video seems to be encouraging advertisers to do more with paper arts (hurray!). Have you seen any examples recently that we may have missed?

7 comments:

天氣落差 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MizzJ said...

That Beringer commercial is amazing! It's so cool to see unique talents like this.

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Red Fermata said...

That pop-up book is so inspiring, and the song gave me a good feeling. THanks for sharing.

MizzJ said...

Hey! You just won my Holy Grail Mascaras giveaway - please contact me within 48 hrs of this message to claim your prize!

淑君淑君 said...

感覺很好的blog,祝你開心喔........................................

memphisweaver said...

I've always liked that Lisa Hannigan video. Thanks for reminding me about it. I've nominated you for the "Kreativ Blogger" award. You can read about it here. http://memphisweaver.wordpress.com
Congratulations!

Peaceful Reader said...

I love the images in this videos. So amazing what paper can create!