7.11.2009

A Life in Post-its

There's a special type of creativity that makes art from the mundane. I love this animated stop-motion video, Deadline, by Bang-yao Liu. It was his senior project at Savannah College of Art and Design. Liu says: "where my idea comes from is that every time when I am busy, I feel not that I am fighting with my work,...I am fighting with those post-it notes and deadlines."

The second video is about the making of Deadline.




Deadline
Directed by Bang-yao Liu
Music by Röyksopp (http://royksopp.com)
Sound design by Ian Vargo, Shaun Burdick
Actor: Chun-yao Huang




The Making of 'Deadline'
Filmed by Jay Tseng
Edited by Bang-yao Liu

11 comments:

Carol said...

I saw Deadline yesterday but hadn't seen the 'making of'. Fascinating concept, I love to see the work that goes into such a video.

Amanda said...

Oh that is such fun! Thanks for posting that! There is something very nostalgic about the coloured squares - it reminds me of those plastic pattern boards that were around when I was a kid. Makes it somehow very comforting, while at the same time modern in it's reference to pixels.

Susie Jefferson said...

As always, a great post. I love this blog! Therefore I'm giving you A Lovely Blog Award. Please go here to collect it:
http://1stfloorflat.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-award.html

stephanie levy said...

Hey BookGirl :)

You won a print in my giveaway today!!
Yoohoo!

Cheers,
Stephanie

mindy said...

just stopped by to let you know you won this months giveaway! and that i love your profile pic (so much i posted it on my sit :) hope that's o.k. thanks for being a pert of our creative community!

Rhonda Miller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pink said...

Dear blog friends: Hello!
I am from Taiwan, a website of plastic surgery clinic. I am pleased to absorb lots of valuable information and articles from your blog.
Besides, do I have this honor and opportunity to ask you to join my site to your blog, so that everyone can share. Much appreciate! The following is my website name and URL, also hope to regularly visit and exchange. Wish you peace and success!
Site Name:隆乳整形外科 果凍矽膠整形
URL:http://www.nuimage.com.tw http://www.cpchen.com.tw
E-mail:service@pageone.cc

DJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bluebicicletta said...

Very cool! I love that!

20123 said...

keep sharing with us, please....I will waiting your up date everyday!! Have a nice and relax day! ..................................................

gretchenmist said...

this is very cool!

thanks for your comment + happy weekend :)